Basic Skills 2 Day Woodworking Course
The Basic skills course is design for complete beginners, it will take you right from sharpening and setting up tools to marking out to an end project that you have competed totally with hand tools.
Totally traditional way of working and with no machinery involved easy to replicate when you get home!
The course will start at 10am and finish approx 4pm, please bring a packed lunch or you can visit the Hop Pocket restaurant for a cooked meal should you want it. Tea & coffee will be provided.
Overview of what you will cover
- Anatomy of the basic tool kit
- Safe use of tools
- Sharpening and maintenance of tools
- Principles of marking out
- Timber preparation using hand tools
- How to use the winding sticks (a traditional tool to check the amount of twist in a board)
- How to make dovetail joints
Tri Square, chisel 1/4 , 1/2, 3/4 & 1 inch chisel, Tenon saw, Cutting guages, Mortice guage, Wooden mallet, Sharpening stone(oil water or diamond) No4 smoothing plane or no5 jack plane, cordless drill, 300mm ruler and a marking knife.
If you don't have your own tools don't worry these tools can be hired for £10 for the duration of your course just pop tool hire in your basket before you pay.