Make a Table
COURSES ARE BEING HELD ON
13th-14th October 2018
23rd - 24th February 2019
8th - 9th June 2019
12th - 13th October 2019
On this course you will make an arts and crafts coffee table.
This course is suitable for people who have some knowledge and limited experience of marking out, cutting traditional joints and use of hand tools. If you are unsure which course is best for you, please contact Jon for advise. He will be able to recommend the most suitable course for you.
The course will start at 9am and finish approx 4pm, please bring a packed lunch or you can visit the Hop Pocket restaurant for a cooked meal should you want it. Tea & coffee will be provided.
- marking out
- Cutting of joints
- Gluing up the table top
- Gluing up the base
- Cleaning of table top and trimming to size.
- Preparation of top and base for finishing.
- Application of an oil finish ready to take home.
Tri Square, chisel 1/4 , 1/2, 3/4 & 1 inch chisel, tenon saw, cutting guages, mortice guage, wooden mallet, sharpening stone(oil water or diamond) No4 smoothing plane or no5 jack plane, cordless drill, 300mm ruler and a marking knife. These tools can be hired for £10 for the duration of your course.
PLEASE WEAR SENSIBLE SHOES PREFERABLY TOE PROTECTED BOOTS/SHOES/ TRAINERS. NO TRAINERS OR SANDALS. LONG HAIR MUST BE TIED BACK. THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY AND NEEDS TO BE ADHERED TO.
- Excellent course well taught, very happy with my table I made will definatley return.
- I enjoyed the course very much and found Jon to be an excellent teacher. Thank you.
- Excellent, covered lots of helpful areas to transfer to other projects. Really pleased!
- Well organised and very helpful, would return on another course.
- Very enjoyable weekend!